Sunday, May 1, 2016

Reflection: Never Stop Exploring

So here we find ourselves, one last post. This won't be long, I just wanted to let you guys know what kind of effect the trip had on me. I can't speak for Olivia, but I can at least share my thoughts.

Everyone who knows me knows I love to travel. Each new destination is like starting a new chapter in my life. Even if for just 10 days your entering a new place and getting used to all sorts of different ways of eating, getting around, thinking, and habits. This was my first trip to South America, and it was everything I had hoped for. 

I really recommend this location for anyone wanting some serious nature bonding. I never thought I'd climb a mountain that steep, nor did I ever imagin meeting an Alpaca. I also never thought I'd eat Guinea pig, and like it, let alone not be able to drink tap water somewhere (the tap water thing I knew about, but still). 

The whole trip was really exciting for me, as I also got to use my Spanish language skills. Whether it was simply asking for directions, or haggling with a shop owner trying to get a sweater for 30 soles instead of 45. 

I am also really thankful I didn't kill my traveling partner. Sometimes you never know if you can travel with different people in your life, and it doesn't matter how close you are. Traveling is a different kind of bonding. For example, I love my best friend Caitlin to death, but we spent just a week at the beach together once before and it did not work out. Olivia is great because she's very go-with-the-flow, but still knows what she wants to do. She also is a walking pharmacy, which is dope, and is always on top of the health & safety sector. You need someone like that to think of things that may not always cross your mind as a concern. 

Seeing the world always gives me a high thats so hard to come down from once you get back home. We met so many cool people, and saw so many amazing things up close, it just really makes you appreciate the opportunities you have. Not every young female in this world gets to leave their country to explore, let alone even leave their own house. Like my mom says in her recent blog post about my trip (click here to read, its amazing), "as a general rule, I believe we ought to be encouraging more of our young women to travel beyond familiar boundaries and broaden their perspectives.  So what do I look like promoting that for everyone else, yet scared to let my own daughter leave the house? "

There is going to be danger everywhere you go, even in the comfort of your own home. I'm not saying its wise to seek out danger, but we mustn't all hide under the covers. If danger lurks everywhere, then we may as well go everywhere and get what we can out of it. Just always be cautious, have common sense, and do your research. The easiest way to put yourself in harms way while traveling is ignorance. Just know where you are, as well as common customs, laws, and local threats. 

With that being said, I'll never stop exploring. I'll never stop trying to see the world from all corners. And most importantly, I'll never stop sharing it with friends. So as I close this adventure, I'm already planning my next destination. But for now, I'll just say thank you so much for tuning in to our adventures. Be sure to check out all our amazing photos here on Facebook, and as always, stay fresh.

Senorita Fuerte

No comments:

Post a Comment